Friday 13 January 2012

Boiled Egg and Asparagus: Very Random






Will someone pass me the fucking asparagus?
  • Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey) demands his nutrients in American Beauty (1999)


These recipes are getting really random. Keda Black is still a few steps ahead of me: I've still no idea when an egg is boiled. At what point is the water deemed “boiling”? When you get little streams of bubbles along the edges? When the surface ripples? Beats me.


I hard-boiled the egg by accident. Oh well. Shelling the egg was a massive ballache, and caused the egg to go cold. Keda also omitted any information about how to cook asparagus, so I just bunged it in the microwave and hoped for the best.


The second time 'round, I attempted to steam the veg with a seive and a saucepan. It sort-of worked. Once served, the sea-salt flakes just about made the asparagus palateable. But it was a very random, carbless meal. I doubt I'll go back to it.

No comments: