Tuesday 3 January 2012

Meeting David Prowse




I do remember smiling quite a bit inside it though since I knew it wouldn't be seen on film - so of course while the poor planet is being blown up I'm smiling and laughing like mad!
-David Prowse

Here's me with Dave Prowse MBE, most famous for his role as Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy. He also found fame in the 1970s as the Green Cross Code Man in a series of British TV ads, encouraging road safety for children.

He also played F. Alexander's bodyguard, Julian, in A Clockwork Orange. He pops up all over the place!

On Saturday 17th December he popped up in Waterstones Deansgate, signing copies of his autobiography. “Straight From The Force's Mouth: The Autobiography of Dave Prowse MBE” is on sale now. I got my signed copy.

Prowse is a very talented man and a nice gent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave Prowse visited Oldham back in 1978 or 1979. I wasn't that old but my mum took me to Toy & Hobby (now the defunct TJ Hughes) to see Darth Vader. There was nobody there and we thought we'd missed him but then he just appeared out of nowhere. Great days. When my brother was a similar age she took him to see Mr T at Oldham town centre. Steve