Sunday 5 January 2014

Obligatory New Year Blog Post

Saw in the New Year in Greenwich, a close-enough distance from the centre of London to see the prolonged and expensive but impressive fireworks display. Did you know you could go ice skating in the grounds of the Tower of London?! It's been a good Christmas with the family. It's great seeing my second cousins growing up, and reading them stories has given me a sense of maturity and fulfillment. I've wanted to read a book to an infant for a long time.

Just a few minor things to report: I've joined my site's two blogrolls into one again, seeing as the majority of Greater Manchester blogs seem to have stopped updating. I boot blogs off the 'roll if they stay un-updated for over a month, so if you're on it and you want to stay there, keep writing!


I've started using a really handy add-on site for Facebook. Who Deleted Me? will notify you when your friend list changes. As I write this, I realise I've been removed by a former colleague I worked with 10 years ago after an online debate about whether gyms should allow instructors to work if they are fat. Oh well! The site won't tell you, however, whether they've removed you or they've shut down their account or been shut down.

Also, Scottish author Irvine Welsh favourited my tweet about Sylvester Stallone and Robert DeNiro. What a week!

No comments: