Sunday 8 February 2015

Lemon and Thyme Roast Chicken

I made this meal, listed in the Hairy Dieters' Cookbook, for a bring-and-share in work on Friday. It was my day off, so I had the morning to prepare. It was a fairly simple recipe, really, involving separating the skin from the bird at one end and pushing sprigs of thyme between them to add flavouring. The roasting took 2 hours, a little longer than I'd realised, but by the time it was done and I'd made it into the office the eating was under way. People still had room for hot chicken.

Everybody loved it! I'd ran out of time to make the gravy, having got up at 7am to buy the ingredients and having spent all morning putting it together. But gravy works best when you have a sit-down meal. In a buffet scenario it can get quite messy, so it was probably a blessing in disguise.

This was the second time I'd cooked for work. Both times I got marriage proposals. Go me!



No comments: