Monday 23 February 2015

Thanks for the book, Vintage!

This unexpectedly dropped through the letterbox Friday.


The Vagenda is a book based on the blog of the same name by London journalists Holly Baxter and Rhiannon Lucy Cosslett. Apparently a runaway success in the blogging world, The Vagenda was founded in 2012 getting 7 million hits in its first year. Jealous.

Publishers Vintage have now given the ladies a book deal. The Guardian described it as “a brilliant expose of women's mags and marketing- laugh-out-loud and painfully funny.” I've read the first chapter and it's certainly drawn me in. I'll make a few notes as I go along and will review it ASAP.

So, thanks Vintage- I'm assuming you've seen the blog and noticed that I review books. Happy to oblige. This is a first!

If you're a publisher and want me to review your book, hit me up at matthewtuckey@hotmail.com.

No comments: