Monday 15 April 2019

Don't stay in this Easter

A short week ahead as Easter kicks in at the end! Good Friday will be, um, good, as Meetup group Young Professionals in Manchester are dropping into sunny Castlefield for a few early evening scoops. Join us in The Wharf from 7pm onwards.

Saturday night sees Bolton boxer Amir Khan fighting former 3-weight US champ Terence Crawford.

It also sees House music legends Sasha and John Digweed playing at the Albert Hall.

Sunday night sees 90s dance group K-Klass playing in Gorilla.

I know from experience, though, that putting these on Manchester Cool Bars won't have a massive response, but- great news- I've been made admin on Young Professionals in Manchester, a bigger, more popular group that allows for a bit more variety. Whether people there are into house music, who knows. I've asked in the discussions, but my experience has been that people don't check those comments.


Last night I polished off Road to Perdition: Detour, the third in a trilogy of graphic novels following '30s gangster Michael O'Sullivan as he runs from the Chicago mob with his young son. It's another great, tense instalment, but it's weakened by a stupid scene in which Michel robs a police station, and all the cops hand over their guns instead of shooting him in the chest. It kinda reminded me of that scene at the end of Naked Gun 33+1/3.


Other than that, it's brilliant. I found a sequel at a recent comic fair- I'm keen to see how the duo continue their adventures.

No comments: