Saturday 16 April 2022

Sesame & Ginger Meatballs with Pak Choi, Chilli and Red Rice

 

Last week I dipped back into the Rukmini Iyer’s The Roasting Tin to try a new recipe. 

Plenty of ingredients listed I’d never even heard of, so it was a real experiment. Thankfully the Tesco worker I spoke to knew what pak choi was, and was aware of the existence of red rice, so he was ahead of me in that regard. Everything needed was also available in store. 

I like a dish with a bit of a kick, so I used a whole chilli for the main dish and another for the dressing, as opposed to half in each as per the instructions. The recipe asks for 4 pak choi. I could fit maybe 1+1/2 into my roasting tin, along with the other ingredients, so I’ve no idea how 4 could be a realistic quota. 

Prep and cooking should have been 55 mins- I took nearly 90. Life with memory difficulties. Patience is key. 

Outcome: definitely different. The ingredients are not things I’m used to using, so the taste was unique. I enjoyed it.

No comments: