Monday 2 May 2022

I’ve been sitting on a secret for about a month now.

Most of you will, by now, be aware that Tim Westwood has harassed a number of young black women, as the recent BBC docu described. Tim Westwood: Abuse of Power is now streaming on iPlayer. 

Around a month ago, BBC’s Ruth Evans approached me via email asking me about a video I’d put on Youtube. I’ve filmed a lot of weird shit for blogging, so I had no idea what it could be. I’ve got hundreds of videos on my Youtube that could raise eyebrows. Turns out, it’s this one.

 




We arranged a phone call and Ruth explained that the following story had not been made public yet, so could I please not tell anyone. Well, this was somewhat difficult for a blabbermouth blogger like myself, but I managed. We had a chat where she revealed these allegations, describing inappropriate comments and touching towards young black women. 

She asked about what happened the night I filmed the video, and the corresponding blog post I wrote, suitably called Does Tim Westwood have a Vaginal Fixation? I pointed out I’d also written another post about another of his DJ sets in the same club, the long-closed-down Suede, about a night in which he’d made other outrageous, vulgar comments. It was just the kind of thing they were looking for. 

That earlier clip I gave permission to be used in the doc, and got a named credit. And I’ve perhaps made a contact at the BBC. Not to mention, 6K views on that particular video. Bit gutted that Westwood has turned out to be a wrongun, but can’t say I’m surprised.

No comments: