Monday 6 November 2023

House Music and Horror

3 things to look forward to this week. 

 

 

A mate of mine is running a house music night, Hype Drive, in The Northern Quarter’s Off the Square, featuring DJS from bygone clubs like Venus and Sankeys. Expect house music, older clubbers, good company and good vibes. I’ve never been to this particular venue before but I got a ticket long ago. This Saturday night. 

I can’t stay massively late as I managed to grab one of the remaining Sunday tickets to For the Love of Horror, a movie convention in Bowlers featuring a plethora of horror actors. I’ll be meeting Alyssa Sutherland, Maggot Mommy off Evil Dead Rise (I didn't rate the movie to be honest, but she was brilliant as Princess Aslaug in Vikings) and William Forsythe, off The Devil’s Rejects. I’ve never seen it, but I’m a big fan of Things to Do in Denver When You’re Dead (in which he played family man Franchise) and of course the greatest film ever, Once Upon a Time in America (playing gangster Cockeye). 

I gather there are still entrance tickets. Photos and Autos, you’ll have to see on the day. 

Also, expect a murder mystery book review on the blog soon.

No comments: