Monday 15 July 2024

Mousse T, Meetups, Manchester Comic Con, Steak Confusion

On the blog this week: Saturday night’s Meetup took a detour (this post might get me in hot water), there’ll be another recipe review, and possibly something on the election. 

No Meetup this weekend. Busy with other things. It’s a shame because Mousse T (who produced Horny in 1997, you know it) is DJing in Joshua Brooks Saturday. 

There is, however, a Meetup set for the end of the month. I’ll be at Comic Con Manchester, so I’ve listed it on the Manc Mates group to see if anyone else fancies going. There’s lots going on at the con on the day, so Meetup attendees might meet in person, or we might not. 

Earlier this week I'd tried to get a £20 steak deal at Manchester's rooftop bar 20 Stories. Very odd afternoon. Their Instagram had the deal listed. I went to reception and they told me that the deal had ended. I was walking away, then remembered that they'd actually listed the details of this on their Instagram the night before. I showed the manager the share from his own business' IG post, and he said he'd honour it, but then it turned out a) the kitchen wasn't open yet, b) they didn't have the steak in, and c) their deal was for a burger. So I went up and waited. I eventually got said burger. It was nice. Later they deleted the IG steak post.

No comments: