Sunday 21 July 2024

MAGA Mitherers, Meetups and Mocktails

Trump’s assassination attempt has brought all the MAGA cranks out of the woodwork over social media.

 

Wednesday night with family: 

 

 

Friday night: a Meetup friend got in touch to tell me about a bar meet happening in Manchester’s NQ64, a gaming arcade-cum-bar on Peter st. The event was publicised through Eventbrite, a ticket app, although I wasn’t aware of that til I was there. I’d been meaning to try NQ64 because although I’m not a gamer, it’s a unique twist of the regular bar concept. The unit had previously homed Club LIV and before that I think Late Lounge, but it’s now unrecognisable with retro arcade machines, dark walls and neon designs. I gathered they’d started out in Dirty Martini a few doors down. 

I’ve swapped numbers with the organiser so I may try another of his. Good group of people. A fair bit younger than me and my mate, but most people are in Manchester now. 

We moved on to Crazy Pedros, but nobody from the group seemed to actually come in, then the group moved to Mojo, which I can’t stand, so I lasted maybe 2 minutes before sacking it off and heading to Oast House with the friend who invite me out. Miles better. Didn’t stay late. 

Out with extended family Saturday night:

No comments: