Wednesday 20 September 2017

A Month of Protein Shakes



A month ago I posted that I had started taking Promax, a protein supplement from Maximuscle. I've spent the month taking this and trying to beat personal bests at the gym.

I typically forgot to make note of my body weight at the start, and yesterday I ingested my last protein shake. I'm around 84kg, which I've weighed as much as before, but never more.

My weights notebook is now around 7 years old. The hardback cover has fallen off and the pages are coming loose, so I may have lost a few records. I should probably have kept the records in my phone instead. Even so, I tried to stick to the same few movements- mostly chinups, leg press and chest press. I got no PBs on any of these.

21/8 onwards

5 more dips, 60 in total
2x18kg vertical dumbbell fly, the next weight up, 4kg heavier

I've tried to eat clean, eating a little more veg and meat than usual, but it's hard work. I'm not convinced that protein shakes work, to be honest. A doctor once told me they were a complete waste of money, and after trying 2 brands I'd say he was right. Not to mention, my mum guessed that I was on the shakes, telling me I looked fat. Cheers, mum. Cooking from raw ingredients, with a ton of veg and meat, is the way forward.

No comments: