Friday 8 September 2017

The 1km Challenge



In an attempt to tone up and try something different at the gym I decided I'd work the cardio machines for a kilometre each to see what it felt like.

Just after 11am I stuck on Melon Radio's Soulful channel (a bit of a random choice, but a good one) and started the graft. Here are the times for doing 1km:

Cross train forward 16.16
Hand bike forward 1.53
Bike with no back to the seat 2.34
Hand bike backward (problem with programming) 5.01
Row 4.22
Cross train backwards (surprisingly fatiguing to the hands) 22.35
Old-style cross trainer forward 19.45
Bike with a back to the seat 2.45

By 2pm I had 9% battery, so I called it there. I'd been doing some abs work between each movement, which spread the workout into hours. You know how much I lost? 200g. The subsequent protein shake would more than have reversed that weight loss.

I much prefer weights and I seem to benefit from it a lot more, so, duh, I guess I'll stick with them.

No comments: