Friday 30 March 2018

No More Chocolate... Again. Result!


Back in February I promised to eat clean until either:
  1. I beat my horizontal dumbbell fly record
  2. I beat my dips record
  3. I beat my 10-minute run record
  4. I bring my weight down to under 80kg (I was at a horrendous 85.5kg)
  5. I beat my bench press record
By Maundy Thursday, before Good Friday and the Easter binge, I still hadn't eaten any chocolate or takeaway food. I'd been good. I managed to get to the gym early to get some endurance work in. I spent four and a half hours hammering the treadmill and the rest of the equipment for the above exercises. I walked into the gym weighing 80.4kg.

I did 5 10-minute runs, each one increasing in speed by increments of .1kmph. The last run was 10.1kmph.

My bench press record from around September 2014 was 103.75kgs, the total amount that was available on the seated chest press in my previous gym. The current gym's seated chest press only goes up to 90kg- I did this on the Maundy Thursday.

I used the Smith machine for the continuation of the bench press work. I couldn't find the record I had for this particular piece of equipment, but this time I got up to 57.5, way below my seated chest press record. I was gassed by this point, though.

My dips record was 70, from January this year. I managed to match it.

My horizontal dumbbell fly record I couldn't get anywhere near. I think when I beat this PB last time, in 2015, I was going into the gym before work while it was quiet, on numerous days, just to hammer this movement. The free weights and benches are the most popular part of the gym, so it's really hard to get on these, hence it being such an old PB.

After my final run I weighed in at 79.7kg. Then, logically, I went to The Ram's Head pub in Saddleworth with the family, and devoured an absolutely stacked cheeseburger and chunky chips, and washed it all down with two Southern Comfort and Cokes. So there's a good possibility I'll be above 80 again. Of course, I don't own any scales and the gym is closed for Easter, so who knows.

I've kinda got a taste for healthy food, though- let's hope it stays. I wouldn't mind seeing my abs again at some point in my life.

No comments: