Sunday 10 February 2019

Power is a State of Mind is now listed on Gorkana!

Gorkana, the publication database from Cision UK, details many magazines and blogs that are currently looking for writing to feature. I've recently done some work experience where I learned about Gorkana, and decided I'd throw my blog in as a punt. It's been accepted! Hopefully now people may send me some guest writing about psychology or Manchester events.

This week I read The Batman Judge Dredd Collection, a graphic novel I found at Golden Orbit's Comic Fair in Sacha's a while back. Rather than one story, it's a collection of escapades made possible by a 'dimension belt' that transports Batman from Gotham to Megacity One. Yeah, it's far-fetched, but if you're going to put the two characters together, whose respective towns are so different to each others (not to mention in different time periods) then the scriptwriters have to pull out the stops. It's a little corny, but it's entertaining, generously weighty and beautifully illustrated, with various artists chipping in. The cover doesn't do it justice. The narrative gets a little strained in that, with any comic strip being a series of images, certain things have to be written out as an explanation. A great find.


No comments: