Monday 18 February 2019

Come and try some cocktails in The Ivy

Spinningfields restaurant The Ivy has recently reopened after a fire damaged part of the Byrom Street building. I dropped in a while ago, before the fire, and knew it would be a great place for a Manchester Cool Bars meetup. We're going on Saturday night! There are 6 of us so far, and The Ivy has said that we don't need a reservation for cocktails. So I haven't put a limit on RSVPs. Still, we're starting in The Alchemist just in case there's any problem getting in.

Away from the bar scene, Twitter has dealt a blow to third party programs like Statusbrew, making it harder than ever to find out who unfollowed you. These sites are largely used to mass follow-unfollow, which is an annoying spammy habit some accounts indulge in. I use it to unfollow those who aren't following back, aren't currently tweeting or don't have many followers. I do it, admittedly, to keep my following number below my followers number. To wean out those exact accounts with the spammy behaviour.

This will now be substantially more difficult. 



 

Cheers, Twitter. If anyone knows of any sites still operational that perform a similar function, let me know.

No comments: