Friday 1 October 2021

Blogtober / Beermats Month


 

What is Blogtober? It’s a month-long challenge to upload a blog post every day for the month of October. Tea and Cake for the Soul goes into more detail. I’ve had a plan to do this blogging challenge for years, but COVID and other things have got in the way every time. The plan for this year is to do this on the theme of beermats.


Long time readers will have seen my arbitrary Instagram embeds featuring decades-old beermats in blog posts before. I’ve had a break from doing this while I’ve been bus doing other things, but I still have half a box full of these mats – donated from The Prairie Schooner a few years ago- plus some reproduction vintage mats to go up. I’ve also got some mats that a mate picked up before the pandemic.


I could spend the whole project dipping into the box and uploading those, but that’s not much of a challenge, is it? Hence, I have plans to trawl the pubs of Oldham and Manchester for newer mats, plus keeping a journalistic eye open for any other subjects that might make a good blog post: fights, arrests, ambulance call-outs, celeb spottings, and possibly some staple posts like Prospective Mondays, Creative Wednesdays, Throwback Thursdays (tbt), Psychology Saturdays and round-ups of the week on Sundays. But it’ll mostly be beermat related.

No comments: