Saturday 18 September 2021

Echinacea for all my ills

What is echinacea? Echinacea is a herb from the American Purple Coneflower. 

Healthline says ‘it is regarded to have many physical and mental health benefits, relieving pain, inflammation, migraines, improved immunity and lower blood sugar levels. It contains compounds that may reduce feelings of anxiety. These include alkamides, rosmarinic acid and caffeic acid.’ 

No, me neither. I’ve had a stash of these echinacea pills for over a year now, with the intention of seeing if they have any effect in social scenarios, to see if feelings of anxiety might ebb off. But the lockdown has meant that there haven’t been any social situations for the last year, so in my drawer they have stayed. So, here’s the plan: take one of these every night, start looking for social events to try out, and see what effect echinacea has. I’ll review this in 5 weeks’ time. 

During that time, a few things will be going on: I’ll cut out alcohol and junk food. I’ll keep at the gym and see what personal bests I can attain. Blogtober begins in 12 days time, where I’ll be blogging every day about- wait for it- beermats. Not exclusively, as there’ll be a few other things to cover too. But mostly beermats.

No comments: