Saturday 25 June 2022

Smoothie Diet Take 2: Review

Goddamn. Spinach and kale are gross, but highly effective for weight loss. I’d know: I’ve just spent the last weak eating mounds of the stuff, blended in smoothies

After years of antidepressants, I’ve ballooned into the 80kgs and had to suffer to keep my weight off. I’m now off meds, and am watching the weight drop. This is how I did it. 

For breakfast I allowed myself a banana, milk, fat free yoghurt, porridge oats and peanut butter smoothie. A good one for shutting off hunger pangs and having a boost in the morning. For lunch and tea: spinach, kale, fruit juice, ginger. Utterly grotesque but highly nutritious. You taste virtually nothing if you hold your nose, and it’s so simple to prepare. No meal planning beyond buying, blending and storing. 

There was food in the fridge that needed eating- yoghurt, milk, a few bits of fruit maybe, so they got mixed into the diet. Plus I had a supply of chicken stir fry. But towards the end of the week it was mostly leafy veg and fruit juice. They kept me fuller than I expected, and wasn’t suffering hunger as much as I’d expected. Perhaps I should have limited myself more. But, I started the week at 85.4kg and today weighed 80.28 – 82kg. I think the 2kg difference may have something to do with water take-on in the sauna / steam room. No PBs in the gym. 

I think if I stick at this diet- just veg and juice, 500mls a piece, 3 times a day- I’d be under 80kg very quickly. Will I fit back into my suits? Not yet. Let’s find out.

No comments: