Monday, 5 October 2026

It’s Comic Con Liverpool Week

Chain bar Manahatta seem to be pulling together a varied roster of events. Wednesday: their Friend Dating night kicks off at 7pm. Think speed dating – 4 minute chats with several people – but to find friends. Is that going to work with that minimal time? And how varied would the people be? I dunno. Will I try it? No, because I’m too old. Will you? If you’ve got a free evening and a spare £20 for the ticket. 

Saturday sees the return of Comic Con Liverpool, Monopoly Event’s flagship convention, in Exhibition Centre Liverpool. This year’s astounding line-up features cast from Jackie Brown, Dog Soldiers, Back to the Future, Men in Black and Scarface among many others. I’ve got a 12:30pm entrance ticket. 9ams were gone already. When I bought it last week, the timings of photos hadn’t been confirmed, so Ticketquarter advised me just to buy entrance for the moment. I’m looking at spending nearly £400 on photos, provided I can get them at the table. That’s my challenge.

No comments: