Saturday 29 July 2017

Back on Android at Long Last



Where my Android fans at? Goddamn, I've missed this platform. My 2 and a bit excruciating years on a Windows phone are over, and I'm now the proud user of a Sony Xperia X. I'm in the process of figuring out all the admin for it- passwords, downloading apps, finding a decent screen cover- but most importantly, looking for note taking systems for memory difficulties.

It's my intention to highlight a few hints and tips for people with these conditions, people like me, who would benefit from information about such apps and techniques. I've downloaded ColorNote, but this lacks some of the features provided by Microsoft's OneNote, like the automated lifting of new and altered notes to the top of the screen. Vice versa, OneNote allows the inclusion of pictures within the text, a feature lacking on ColorNote.

So what else is there?

There are a variety of apps available like those listed on advice site Make Use Of, listing programs which offer various features. I'm quite keen on the ability to list notes in importance order and insert pictures into bodies of text. Omninotes certainly sounds like a good shout.

It's early days and I've not even transferred my number across but this is something I'd like to write more about as the weeks go on, so keep checking back for #psychologysaturdays blog posts, and comment if you have any other good finds on memory assistance and organisation apps!

No comments: