Sunday 7 January 2018

I uploaded 190 blog posts last year.

Can you believe that? That's more than once every 2 days.

The most-hit post was this one, about boxer Amir Khan being surrounded by girls in club History, racking up 599 hits at the time of writing. He's since gone on to star in I'm a Celebrity: Get Me Out of Here, finishing in 5th place.

In other news, Jenna Jameson liked my reply tweet, although she appears to have deleted the original and I can't remember what it was about. So it makes no sense.

Away from Twitter, house music club Venus has closed down.


I really liked the music and was introduced to some great friends in there. But I had problems with the venue. The door policy was weird- good people were frequently turned away, and steroid-abusing blocky-looking douchebags got in, who then walked around with a chip on their shoulder, getting no-where with the stuck-up dolly birds. The statement claims that it's the licensing hours that have caused its demise. It's not. It's the change in musical tastes, and it's the generation of clubbers who would rather listen to RnB instead of house. It's also the costs- Venus wasn't cheap, but then, few places in Manchester are. Manchester overall is becoming very quiet; even new year was shockingly underpopulated. Money is the issue there.

I wouldn't expect much more than book reviews from me for the next month or so. It's to cold and too quiet, and I'm too poor to do a great deal.

No comments: