Saturday 12 January 2019

Off Citalopram, Onto Mirtazapine


Just got back from my GP appt, where I explained that Citalopram was sending me to sleep and, weirdly, turning me into an emotional wreck. I burst into tears watching ET The Extra Terrestrial the other day, for fuck's sake.

Still, Spielberg, man.


Anyway, it turned out that I was supposed to take it at night, but I'd been taking it in the middle of the day and the morning. It was supposed to help me sleep. I'm sure it didn't say that on the packet though.

I dunno.

Either way, it didn't work for me- the reactions I was having are reported in about 1 in 20 people or something. It was time to move on to something else. I'm on the lowest dose of Mirtazapine as of tonight.

If you're reading this for advice, bear in mind that everyone's reactions are different, and that this blog post is based solely on my experience. Many other people will have had similar experiences to mine on this, but always consult your doctor before you change anything. You may be different.

Let's see if I sleep better, if I can get my weight below 80kgs (I'm currently at 83.4, not the worst, not the best), and if anything happens on the woman scene. January's a quiet month for social, but it's also a great time for cut-price food deals. So who knows.

No comments: