Tuesday 7 January 2020

Donated Beermats 3

I got a Facebook message from a friend a few weeks ago asking if I'd be interested in a big box of beermats in a pub in south Manchester.

Hell yeah I would.

He said he'd have a word with a guy and see if something could be sorted.

Before long, he messaged again: the pub's name and address (Urmston's The Prarie Schooner), who to ask for and don't be surprised if the pub's closed- there's definitely someone in. So I jumped in the car, sat-nav'd the address, got to the pub, and met the landlord. He took me up a small staircase, the walls of which lined with beer tapheads, and handed me a Fruh Kolsh box brimming with vintage beermats. I thanked him, slipped him a blog card and headed out again. I'd just quadrupled my beermat collection in a day.

A lot of them are Biro-marked, but other than that they're in good nick. Here are the first 10.











2 comments:

PhilWillG said...

And your blog card is displayed on the notice board of The Prairie Schooner, Urmston! Nice work

CageFightingBlogger said...

Well happy about that! I forgot what the pub was called!