Saturday 11 January 2020

A few psychology-related points this week

This poster was in the reception area of my work. Anyone tried it?


If you fancy guest-posting about it, let me know.

An update now on the Oldham branch of men's support group Andy's Man Club: The group meets at Chadderton Wellbeing Centre on a Monday night, however due to huge demand we have now outgrown the venue. Monday the 20th of January will be our last meeting at Chadderton. As of Monday 27th Jan we will be moving to The Oasis Academy, Hollins Rd, Oldham OL8 4JZ. An official update from Andy's Man Club will follow in the next few days.

After weeks of binge eating over Christmas, I've weirdly beaten a PB at the gym. And it's in a cardio workout too. I hit .70 on the cross trainer, in 10 minutes. That's 700 metres. I was stuck at .69 since 2014, so it's taken nearly 6 years, and I'm about 15kg heavier now. Some of it is muscle, some fat. So even though my waistline is a little larger, my heart seems to be able to handle it better.

Very odd.

No comments: