Thursday 4 August 2022

Before 40 Bucket List Review

This time last year I put together a list of things to try and fit in before I turned 40. At the time, we were still in lockdown, so I tried not to be overly optimistic about what I could fit in.  

12-day smoothie diet 

I tried this a number of times. First in February, then in June, then again in July. I had varying results, but I learned through trial and error how to do it right. I did dip under 80kg this way (and am now back up to 83kg. Devastation). I’m not done with it. I still have plans for dieting projects, which include some smoothies.  

Month of Bodybuilding 

I still have plans to do this. Things have, so far, got in the way: COVID lockdowns, other projects, etc.  

Get Off Antidepressants 

I managed this in May. I spent a few months on half dose, finding my sleep went up the wall to begin with. Having come off, I’ve felt good, seen my weight come down and had no dip in mood. Same mental health challenges I’ve had the whole time I’ve been on them, but things are much better these days.  

Get Back on TV 

It’s still my plan to dish out a load of applications after my stint on Sing Date in 2013. Again, COVID.  

Complete this Teeline Workbook 

I didn’t complete it, but I spent January bashing through it. I’m a little more skilled, and I’ve used those skills at a handful of conventions and suchlike, and find I’m getting more detailed blog posts as a result. I should really get back into it as a routine, 20 mins a night or something.  

Visit Scandinavia / See Other Places 

I’ve not even left the country since 2018.  

Experiment with Echinacea 

I did this but it was useless

What a year. Considering there were some restrictions still in place this time last year, I’ve done pretty good. I’ve been to some brilliant events, I’ve met some amazing people and my mental health has been, with some falterings, positive. I have loads planned for this year too.

No comments: