Sunday 18 September 2022

Not Clubbing with Nostradamus

Last Friday I blogged about Nostradamus - 14th Century refuted seer – predicting Queen Elizabeth II’s passing. 4 days later, Social Media company It’s Gone Viral reported pretty much the same thing

It’s Gone Viral, from KOMI Group, are based in Rochdale. I had a meeting at their office them some time before the pandemic, just to learn a little about their company. I’m wondering if they’ve kept an eye on my blog. Or whether a host of other places are keeping track of Nostradamus’ prophecies, and It’s Gone Viral is one of them. I still beat them to it. I’ve been on leave this week. 

Tuesday night I decided to check out Twosday at History Club in Manchester. I’ve been in at the weekend a few times and couldn’t stand the place, but I’m aware that different nights in the same venue can have different vibes, so I took a look. 

It’s a student night, but photo ID was enough. Tickets online would have been £6, but they stung me a tenner. Saw me coming. I got in at midnight and the club was heaving already, with the only standing space being next to the toilets. Clientele were mostly white girls and black guys, aside from some Ron Weasley lookalike skanking out to songs that were overplayed before the pandemic, never mind by now. I got ticked off for leaving my drink on the back of someone’s seat, a booth for which they’d no doubt paid an extortionate amount. The DJ / MC character babbled about TikTok over the mic, and called women ‘bitches’ to their face, in front of the whole club. I lasted 2 hours. 

See the Facebook album for more. 

Thursday night I tried Thursday Club at Club LIV, somewhere I used to go to a lot before the pandemic. They claimed it was reservations only (bullshit), so I strolled over to Ark on the Locks for their Don’t @ Me launch. Students only, but one doorman checked my driver’s licence and was fine with it. The other knocked me back. Oh well. 

Friday night I saw the incredible Eric Prydz in The Warehouse Project. More on that later. Saturday, my legs were killing me. I stayed in. Is this my 40s now? Boo to that. It’s now a bank holiday but I have no plans for tonight.

No comments: