Saturday 15 July 2023

Pork and Barley Stew with Dumplings

I got around to cooking from Eat Like a Viking!, a 2018 cookbook by Craig Brooks AKA Saxon Forager. I picked out Pork and Barley Stew with Dumplings, something that differs from a lot of the book’s recipes in that it’s a whole meal with meat, carbs and veg. 

Honestly, I didn't get on with this recipe. It took nearly 3 and a half hours to prep and cook, and nearly 2 hours of that was simmering time. The pork I found in Tesco were chops, so I had to cut it up into chunks myself. Only this and mince were available. It was a lot of work.

 

I plan on trying out another recipe, but I’ve got the rest of this finished product to eat, and I’m only eating twice a day as the Vikings did. So I’m stuck with this food for the next few days. I’m going to have to eat a lot in each sitting. 

Joy.

No comments: