Thursday 10 August 2017

I'm 35


Oh. Joy. What the hell have I done with my life?

More particularly, what have I done in the last 12 months? I certainly had plans. Let's take a look at how I did with them.

  1. Learn shorthand.

I did some- a month's worth. It got me the basics, which I dabble with in 1-1s in work and at the odd meeting here and there. Generally, I'm not going to many book signings, which would be when I noticed I needed it the most, but the beginnings of teeline are under the belt.

  1. Do some citizen journalism.

I did a month of this. I came across a few bits of info here and there, but didn't make the waves I was hoping to. I'll be doing a similar project in a couple of month's time as I really enjoyed it.

  1. Get this blog to be more than what it is.

Fail. I've not had an increase in hits, I've not got people to link to the site, I've not found particularly amazing content aside from a few bits here and there... but stay tuned.

  1. Rewrite the screenplay.

I've not even looked at it. I will though.

  1. Move jobs.

I've moved positions within my job and I'm a lot happier... we will see how things might change as time goes on.

  1. Get my abs back.

This has not happened. I've jammed in more veg than usual, and my weight has yo-yo'ed all over the place, but there's no sign of the six pack.

  1. Become more confident.

I've been on Sertraline for about 6 months now and it's having a decent effect on me. I'm making more approaches and am doing okay... but talking to women is still a challenge. I will not be ashamed of this.

  1. Stop renting

I am still renting. I didn't want to move on this until I knew what the deal was with Disability Living Allowance moving over to Personal Independence Payment, another thing I'm in two minds about discussing. But the crossover has been made, so perhaps I should look into this soon.

  1. Travel

I'm not going to do this alone, and I don't want to disappear for months, so short excursions are what I had in mind. I need travel buddies who don't have family commitments and do have money to spare... tumbleweeds. Berlin had its moments, though. As did Newcastle.

  1. A list of bars and clubs

Back in 2015 I wrote this list of places I fancied dropping into. The vast majority of these I have visited and really enjoyed, as Manchester's nightlife scene goes from strength to strength. I few turned out to be shite, and a handful have shut down. Opus One is the only bar I've not been in, and I gather that's just for hotel guests. As for the restaurants, Handmade Burger Company has shut down, Fazenda is stupidly dear and the rest I've just not got around to... but keep your eye on Manchester Cool Bars and Clubs as I'm planning to do a few restaurant nights soon.

5 out of 10 ain't bad.

No comments: