Tuesday 15 August 2017

Things to do before 36



This is getting ridiculous. I've been writing these posts since I turned 29. Is there actually anything new? Well, actually, perhaps.

  1. Raise the profile of this blog.

I've got a plan for how to do this. I need content that others haven't found. I'll do this, but if I tell you...

  1. Raise my own profile.

I'm going to spend a month applying to loads of TV shows. Quiz shows. Dating shows. Documentaries. I'll look for things happening that might lead to a bit of fame, however bad that sounds.

  1. Live my life like a bodybuilder for a month.

For one month, I'll eat very clean and regularly, I'll work out before and after work, I'll go on the protein shakes and I'll stay off the booze and have early nights. The aim is not necessarily to get massive, but to increase strength as much as possible.

  1. Cram as much into my life as possible for a month.

What happens when you try to make the most of every second of your month? Do you not sleep? Do you do a fuck ton of drugs? Do you run out of money? Can you blog this successfully, Fear and Loathing style? Let's find out. My plan has 2 parts. The first is to spend a month watching films and reading books about people who have done similar things- think Blow, The Wolf of Wall St, plenty of William Burroughs books. After this, I'll give it a shot myself, whilst attempting to rewrite a film script and practising a little citizen journalism.

  1. Be fearless.

I am battling depression and anxiety. I am making massive levels of progress, to the point that most people I speak to don't even notice. Most people. I'm feeling a buzz from these afflictions leaving my brain, and I'm looking forward to getting what I deserve.

I think having five solid goals that are completely attainable would be better than juggling ten and making minimal progress on them all.

No comments: