Sunday 15 April 2018

Freda Funk Launch in Celeb Hotspot Menagerie

 

Sunday 8th April: Charlotte Dawson, daughter of comedy legend Les, star of Ex on the Beach, Celebs Go Dating and Celebrity Ghost Hunt, launched her new 'string to her bow,' the FredaFunk clothing range in Manchester's Menagerie.

On arriving I bumped into local celeb blogger Georgia Broadbent, who covers celebs in much the same way as I do. Keep your eye on her blog as she's a rising talent in Manchester's blogging scene. She recognised a fair few more faces than I did!

Before going in I grabbed a selfie with Marcel Sommerville from Blazin' Squad and more recently Love Island, and his girlfriend- also from Love Island- Gabby Allen. Cool couple.


I also bumped into Tyne-Lexi Clarson, who I though was one of the nicest in Love Island S3. Surprised she didn't stay on the show longer.


£15 on the door. Once inside I caught up with the lovely Charlotte herself.


Here's Nadia Essex, expert from Celebs Go Dating.


Shorter than I expected, but really nice. I mentioned I'd applied to the show and not heard back- her advice was to keep applying.

Matt Sarsfield from Swinton Lions Rugby, Charlotte's boyfriend. Decent bloke. I mentioned we both know Luke Ambler, former pro rugby player and founder of Andy's Man Club.


Chet Johnson from Ex on the Beach, and Cally Jane Beech, From Love Island S1.


I mentioned to Chet I'd applied for a few shows here and there. He suggested, like Nadia, that I keep applying. He explained he got a lot out of the experience of being on his show.

Charlotte jumped on the mic to welcome us all. While she talked, a strange smell permeated the air.

Sorry,” said some stunning young girl next to me. “That was me.”

Astounding honesty.

Charlotte welcomed Paige Young onto the stage, who gave a quick speech and performed one of her songs. Before she dropped the mic she ended with, “Let's get drunk!”


Menagerie was perfect for a fashion show with its elevated catwalk and cutting-edge décor.


Alas, I was driving, so I couldn't take Charlotte's advice. I still got chatting to a few people after rolling in solo thanks to a welcoming atmosphere.

Check out the M.E.N writeup here.