Tuesday 17 April 2018

Support Groups; Reality TV Arses


A post shared by Marlie Lewis (@marlieweekender) on


Week before last: talked to Marlie from Ibiza Weekender about her arse, and then almost met her at the Freda Funk launch but I didn't recognise her. Next time!

It seems the success of men's support group Andy's Man Club is spawning a few similar franchises- Nexus Art Cafe hosts a talking therapy group of sorts between 1pm and 6pm on Mondays. 'The Auricle' drops into the Northern Quarter diner on a weekly basis. I'm in work, so I can't check this out, but I'd be curious if anyone could fill me in a bit. Tweet me- we can follow each other so we can private message the details. I'd be keen to hear more.

Another support group has recently formed and is advertising over Meetup. Talk About It Mate offers 'a friendly non-judgemental environment in which to meet others who have experienced different issues.' Their next meetup is in Fallowfield, which is a little far for me, but their previous sessions have been in the city-centre pub The Waterhouse. I'm not sure how private a session would be in a Wetherspoons, and I'm not sure personally about the combination of discussion of depression and the availability of alcohol, but time will tell.

No comments: