Saturday 8 June 2019

Double Dose


As mentioned last month, I've moved out of a flat and into a house, meaning no more renting but a lot more household responsibility. A number of people- mostly parents- are helping out. The process has been a pretty smooth one, compared to 2010 when I moved from the family home to a flat. There's been a lot of decorating necessary at the house, but nowhere near the required amount when I moved into the bombsite that was Littlemoor.

Having to learn how to do certain things for myself, as much as it's been fairly straightforward, has sent my anxiety through the roof. What if I measure something wrong? What if a store won't accept returns? Which gas supplier do I go with? What's an acceptable price for a plastering job?

I've sorted all of these things out, as best I could, although I'm not sure it'd be any easier if I had to do it again. The 15 mg of Mirtazipine I was on I felt wasn't enough, so my GP advised doubling it for the moment. I've been on 30mg for a few weeks now, and I don't know if it's the meds or the fact that the house is now nearly ready, but I'm staying afloat and not getting much feeling of dread. Even now as I'm planning to go to an event, I'm pretty chilled that things will go well. The last time I went to an event with this company, they missed off a particular ticket from an email, causing major stress. It was fine in the end though. I'm confident these tickets are definitely secure this time.

With the security of a double dose also comes increased appetite and slowed metabolism, meaning the slightest bit of chocolate turns straight to fat. Hence, it's time to once again cut out junk food. Why I fawn over taste is beyond me, but it must be done. Let's see if I can fit into some suit trousers inside of a month.

(Edit: this was written some weeks ago and the event, Manchester Comic Con, went fine.)

No comments: