Sunday 23 June 2019

Public Relations Month Results



I've spent the last month looking into the field of PR, reading books, watching documentaries and dramas portraying the industry or connected industries, and I've looked for opportunities in the process.

Before the project began I'd emailed a list of local PR companies asking if I could volunteer. In the midst of this, though, I moved out, and am still in fact finishing off bits of decorating. More recently I've got back in touch with a few contacts and I have a meeting tomorrow with a Managing Director of a local PR firm. I'm hoping it will lead to at least a few weeks' worth of experience.

I've been to 2 great PR launches from Go:Pr and Events: Olivers Club barbers in Wilmslow and The Studio yoga centre in Macclesfield, making contacts, asking questions, getting to know people, and of course getting pictures with celebs. I've been to 1 comic con and 1 charity birthday party and had 5 celebrity encounters: Steve Guttenberg, Erika Eleniak, Zach Galligan, Kieron Richardson and Rachel Lugo.

What I haven't done, though, is set foot in an actual PR office in the time I've been doing this project. I had done in January, though: I'd spent 2 weeks on placement. What that placement taught me, and what has been reinforced through doing this project, is that I've found my niche- I've just got to get into it.

No comments: