Wednesday 26 June 2019

Zombie


Bags under my eyes, that comes as no surprise,
Staring right at my eyelids for most of the night
Tryna change my viewpoint, get a bigger panorama
Though when you've had Citalopram it comes around much harder
Feeling redundant like an out of date Pepsi
Waking up at random times just like it's narcolepsy
There isn't any cure, you can't just slap on ointment
Just pick up the phone and book another appointment
Sorry, Mr Tuckey, we're an oversubscribed clinic
Our next slot's in six weeks, want me to book you in it?
Another boring clerk, another warning in work
If I make another error I'll go terribly berserk
I try to change my diet up, eat more sweet potatoes,
no matter what I eat, guess which way my weight goes
And that's the way my day goes, it takes a lot from me
Try to live my life like I'm a man and not a zombie
Way past my prime and already a has-been
Thirty-something bachelor, wired on Mirtazapine
But there's always that moment when your head hits the pillow
Where all the day's thoughts start to swell and billow
I forgot one thing, and I didn't do another
Regrets and missed opportunities asunder
All my mistakes and countless blunders
Feeling like the carpet's been pulled out from under
My feet while I'm just trying to stand like a man
The slightest inconvenience I'm out of the chip pan
And into the fire where my thoughts will roar
Calm on the outside but feelings still raw
Here's something to explore: Can I accept my weaknesses,
Lying on my mattress, and sleep with peacefulness?
A zombie-like stillness outside on the surface,
But my heart still beats, and that's why there's a purpose.

No comments: