Friday 1 November 2019

Excess Month Practical / NaBloPoMo 2019



Starting today is National Blog Posting Month 2019, #NaBloPoMo2019 on Twitter. For the third year running I'm attempting this, tying it in with the theme of 'excess.' In what way? Well, same topics as usual- celebrities, social media, Manchester nightlife, psychology and partying- but so much so that I'd have enough to write about every day of the month.

Thoughout October I prepared for this, snappily calling the project 'Excess Month Reserch 2019.' By watching copious amounts of The Assassination of Gianni Versace and Bojack Horseman, and little else, I immersed myself in excess-themed shows. They're perhaps not the most closely-associated TV shows, but both are brilliant nonetheless. One, a biopic of a gay, image-and-riches-obsessed serial killer, another, a comedy featuring talking, anthropomorphic animals, the titular of which is a burned-out celebrity horse, coming to terms with his past thanks to his biographer. I also powered through the second season of Archer- like Bojack, great highbrow humour although very different in content and style. Drunk chauvinist metrosexual gets a job as a spy thanks to his mum being the boss of a sloppily-ran espionage agency.

I read a guide for getting high without drugs, and 101 Places to Get Fucked Up, a guide to drinking destinations around the world. Brilliantly researched by an outgoing, confident team of worldwide pissheads, the latter book documents the places you might not find if you're sticking to the beaten-track bar crawls, and the beverages of choice. It also details, fisrt-hand, the exploits of the journalists as they did their research (got pissed). A fun read.

It's now time to start writing. I have a handful of ideas- I'll need more! If you have an event you want me to cover, a cause you want me to shine light on or a guest post for me, tweet me. If you want something relevant and decent featured, it would help me out a lot.

Total blog pageviews: 707,908
Last month's views: 25,935
Insta followers: 536
Twitter followers: 1385

No comments: