Sunday 1 December 2019

NaBloPoMo 2019 is complete

On the wall at Frankie's Toasties


November was National Blog Posting Month in the States, a challenge to write and upload 30 posts in 30 days. I managed it, and tied it in to the theme of 'excess.'

With excess in mind, I finished off a bottle of Glenfiddich 12-year-old and a bottle of JD, although there were only a few measures left in the bottom of each. I tried finishing off the ends of a bottle of Glenlivet and a bottle of Talisker, but I had a bad reaction to some meds and it stopped me from drinking. Or functioning at all. Still, quite a change for someone who's normally driving. (I didn't after drinking, obviously.)

My most-hit post was the Cancalm launch, a writeup of a CBD product launch in Cheshire: 114 views at the time of writing.

My stats throughout the month have got progressively worse, after an inexplicable spike a while back. That said, although my daily views have slipped off, I got just under 6,000 in September. And then...

October's views: 25,935

November's views: 21,843

Overall views at the start of November: 707,908

Overall views at the end of November: 730,139

Insta followers at the start of November: 536

Insta followers at the end of November: 540

Twitter followers at the start of November: 1385

Twitter followers at the end of November: 1381

I've done a lot of blagging, getting into places, or getting turned away from them. The more you ask, the more success you have- such is life. I've seen fights, arrests, hospitalisations, evictions, press photo shoots and attended 1 mental health event and 4 launches, meeting 7 celebrities. All in one month. It's been fun. Might give it another shot next year, although as the years go on, I have fewer backlogged ideas to rely on.

Now time to get organised for Christmas.

No comments: