Saturday 7 December 2019

Cancalm Can Calm


So having switched back to Mirtazapine recently, I've felt a lot more settled mentally and physically. Duloxetine didn't work at all for me, but the previous medication had obtained a few positive results. I'm nowhere near perfect, but I never have been. Hence, I figured it was time to mix something else in.

Disclaimer: Speak to your doctor before you change your meds. Don't just copy me.

On Saturday I went out with 7 women around the Northern Quarter, the perfect scenario for trying out Cancalm, a CBD (Cannabidoil) product. The girls are a group of friends, some I know, some I met for the first time. It's a scenario in which, as fun as I find it, my anxiety is going to spike, purely due to my own problems.

The question is, is it safe to mix Mirtazapine with CBD? Cancalm, of course, say it is. Research out there, as lengthy and complex as it is, is inconclusive.

We started in Double Down, a great new underground Northern Quarter bar playing rarely-heard hip-hop tracks. The cocktails looked really good, but I figured mixing alcohol in was one variable too much, so I'd driven. Before setting off I ate a 25mg Cacao Melt, a white chocolate drop. This came in the Cancalm goody bag from their launch night.

Anxiety was mostly under control. I chatted to people a little bit, particularly to the women I'd just been introduced to, but I could feel a little stress creep in towards the end of the night. Without getting the violins out, I worry about not being good enough for people. Rather than feeling like anxiety was stopping me, I felt like there was almost a floating space in my mind that I then made a purposeful effort to fill with conversation. Which I did.

The night went well, although nothing major happened. I still have the oil to try.

No comments: