Sunday 30 April 2023

One Million Hits

Well, I got 1 million page view on my blog. It took 14+1/2 years, but I did it eventually. 

The vast majority of these hits came in 2014 and during the pandemic, where I put very little effort into promoting or even writing a great deal. Lesson to be learned about not trying too hard? Perhaps. Other than that, I can’t explain it. 

What else? It seems within a week of me asking Hollywood to adapt Cormac McCarthy’s ultra-violent western Blood Meridian, film studio New Regency appear to have picked it up. The tale of The Kid, a 14-year-old brawler in 1850s frontier land, falling into a gang of scalpers terrorising natives, has been considered unfilmable. People with these opinions have clearly never seen A Serbian Film (and I recommend they don’t). The time is right for adaptation, although they’d have to miss a lot out unless they wanted to serialise. 

I’m still looking for TV shows to apply to. I’m open to suggestions.

No comments: