Tuesday 8 August 2023

Before 41 Bucket List Review

This time last year I was putting together a list of things to achieve before turning 41. I laid out 6 projects – 1 every 2 months, on average – and set about them. 

Well, for some reason it took til October to start. I think I was already dieting to fit back into my suits, I just forgot to write about it. I’d managed it by November, through hard smoothie consumption

Then came the run-up to Christmas, a notoriously difficult time to be achieving anything other than being ready for the 25th. 

After this, a Twitter Project. I’d tried to use the website Fame Registry to boost my page views, with the intention of pushing my blog past 1 million hits. I botched this project badly, but in April, I managed the million anyway

After this, I dished out a load of TV show applications for the full month of May. I got very little interest, but then, very few shows were taking on anyway. 

In the last 2 months before my birthday: a Viking Research project, looking into my family’s Norse ancestry. I didn’t quite find everything I was looking for, but what I did find was fascinating. I’m planning to go to the Museum of London at some point to see a Runestone connected to my ancestors. 

Then, just this week – a few days after my 41st – I finished off a month-long practical Viking project, to follow up the aforementioned. This mostly involved cooking with root veg, eating, fasting through the day and working out. Gutted I didn’t get around to axe throwing. I did grow a massive beard though. I finished it a few days after my birthday.

So there we have it. A busy year, and on the whole, an accomplished one. Here’s to achieving more in the year of being 41.

No comments: