I’ve been writing these annual targets since I turned 29. I remember writing some kind of bucket list as a uni student, however post uni life included abject poverty for many years, which kyboshed my plans. These days the plans are more or less the same every year. I’d like to travel more, but… with whom? Who has the finances? This time, it’s...
1) Reading Month
I have a humongous To Be Read pile. Hammering through a few short books should make a dent on it. As many as possible in a month.
2) Psychology Month
I love psychology. The specific scientific field has answered a few questions that I’ve had my whole life. I’ve got a load of psychology books that I’ve tried to tap through, plus it’d be great to do something with this Psychology Social Group I set up. I’d just like to meet more people who have an interest in that field, and do something social that doesn’t involve alcohol or junk food. If I could learn any more, I will.
3) Netflix and Press-ups
Once again blending fitness and TV, this time I’m planning to watch a season of something on my phone, and do press-ups throughout. I’ll have to wait for something to pique my interest.
4) The Machinist Diet
In 2004 Christian Bale starred as Trevor Reznick in The Machinist, a twisty crime drama about a factory worker with insomnia and apparent anorexia. I saw it years ago and enjoyed it, but didn’t understand it. I meant to revisit it. Hmm. It’d be good to figure it out after all these years. I saw it in maybe ‘06. In preparation for the film Bale went on an extreme diet that is thoroughly ill-advised. I’d try it anyway, to hit a target weight, but not to be as skeletal as he was. I just want to get back into my 30” suit trousers AGAIN. I expect the newly-bought (second hand) DVD extras would tell us all about how he achieved the physique. It’d probably explain the film, too.
So yeah, just the 4 this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment