Friday, 7 August 2026

Miguel Campbell in Joshua Brooks

Last Friday, Manchester welcomed house music producer Miguel Campbell for a set in Joshua Brooks club on Princess St. His track Something Special was, as I understand it, a huge hit in Ibiza on its 2011 release. It’s still a favourite of deep house DJs today.  JB’s brings us occasional Full Circle events, celebrating 2010s deep house music. I set up a Meetup with Manchester Nightlife and a handful of us got free tickets (It was a free party.) Here’s what the 31st looked like last month:  

 

 

Great music. Heavy tech heading into melodic as the night went on. 

Somewhat of an odd night, it must be said. I had 2 attendees. One turned up on time in the meeting place, came with me to the club, then left to go to a competitor house music night before the headlining DJ even came on. The other, looking like some emaciated European tennis player with crazy, long, dark hair in a bedraggled pony tail, turned up late at the club wearing a full-on Duke-of-Edinburgh-sized HUMONGOUS backpack. I had to come out to verify that he had friends inside. He managed to blag the bar staff into looking after his belongings. He then proceeded to chew my ear off for the majority of the night, telling me all about his life, and women that he was definitely interested in (that he didn’t approach). He then badgered several other people (guys) who were just trying to enjoy the music. 

We stayed to the end so I could get a photo with Miguel Campbell.

No comments: