Sunday 3 March 2013

Three Strikes: Week 14

Any idiot can face a crisis- it's this day-to-day living that wears you out.
-Anton Chekhov, Russian playwright

There's been only one thing noteable point in my day-to-day living this week.

Local rock venue Jackson's Pit held a movie quiz on Tuesday night. I went down there with some mates from the sound recoding studio I've been volunteering at. The quiz was split into rounds, such as “guess the film from the still image”, “find the film title from the anagram” (surprisingly hard) and “guess the movie from the theme tune” played over the club's speakers. Being a bastion of movie knowledge, I guided my team, The Pimps of Square One, into a clear lead and we absolutely dominated the competition. Here's the prize we won (I'm a whisky drinker. I donated my share back to the group.) 


Other than that, I've just been watching movies like the excellent Frost/Nixon (watch this. Incredible performances) and City of Lost Souls (tyipcally bizarre but thrilling Takashi Miike gangster movie, ruined by a familiar ending.)

Gym records smashed since Since 25th February:

Floor-to-chin pullups: up 2 notches
Abs machine, 50 reps with 3 additional discs: up 2 notches
10-minute run: up 5 speeds

So. No major crisis on the cards. Day to day living occasionally takes its toll, but on the whole, I'm not doing too bad.

No comments: