Saturday 20 June 2015

Manchester Day Parade 2015

Sunday 14th: I joined people from Manchester Social Group for a look around the sixth annual Manchester Day Parade, a celebration of all things Mancunian. There's a little about the tradition here.

For the last 2 years I've dropped by on my own to see what's happening and take a few pictures and shoot some video. This time I was with others, thanks again to the Meetup site.



I contributed my pictures to a group album on Meetup. The event is here. The pictures are here.

The Manchester Evening News has a few more pictures here.

A very eclectic and original parade. Around the city centre there were a number of events taking place. We ventured to Albert Square outside the Town Hall and saw an impressive display from a troupe of youth aerial silk acrobats.

We rounded the day off with a burger in Byron on Deansgate (my suggestion), which allowed a chance to get to know the group a little more and swap events ideas. (Oh, and they loved the food.)

Good to be doing it with some people for once. They were a good crowd too.

No comments: