Tuesday 1 May 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018 Ends

A post shared by Matt Tuckey (@matttuckey) on


National Poetry Writing Month, or 'April,' as it is otherwise known, has come to a close for another year. I perhaps could have knuckled down with it a bit more. I managed to upload a poem on 3 out of 4 Wednesdays, and I have a small handful of poems still to put up.

I had a lot going on this month, and the prompts that the site offered often just didn't really sit with me. But I had my own ideas, and I've worked on a few creating a number of other drafts. I'm going to get them fed back at Writers Connect before uploading them here every Wednesday.

One of the setbacks to poetry is the time it takes to make lines rhyme, if that's what you're planning on doing. I've wanted to write a few rap verses. I managed one. It takes a lot of patience to say what you want to say and match it to vowels in other words. A blog post like this one, that I'm bashing up as quickly as possible, I can upload to the blog as fast as I can think and type the thoughts. Poetry takes a hell of a lot longer, so the output is a lot smaller.

I still want to work on rhyme though, so stay tuned for more.

No comments: