Sunday 11 November 2018

Sakana Closes, Northern Quarter Drinks, Eyebrow-Raising Follower

Re last week's roundup, we can now add Sakana to the absolute massacre of bars in the city centre of late. I'll miss it hugely- the Peter St pan-Asian restaurant was one of the few places to play house music, have a good atmosphere, offer a steady flow of good looking people and some celebs (I met Katie Salmon from Love Island S2 in there). But the prices were just too high.

However... it might be back.



Last night I went out with Manchester Cool Bars to try out a few cocktail joints in the Northern Quarter. A huge group of us congregated in Beatnikz Rebublic, a very 80's-looking bar reminiscent of a hostel cafeteria. I'd go again. We then moved onto Mexican joint El Capo, which we pretty much filled once our group got in. I quite liked it. Great artwork on the walls. Cain and Grain followed this, which was HEAVING, a total cockfest and absolutely roasting. Some of us then moved on to Eastern Bloc, a record store during the day but down-and-dirty techno rave club at night. Great stomp. Shame about the weird guy trying to pinch my arm. He very nearly got sparked. Again, lots of guys, but the music was a big draw and a refreshing change. We finished off at The Freemount.

Good night, but absolutely agonising not having a working main camera. May make a purchase tomorrow, even though a friend has promised to fix it.

In other news, I have model Chelsea Ferguson following me on Twitter, who has over half a million followers!

No comments: