Wednesday 7 November 2018

Depression Poem



Tryin'a write a verse, but where's the energy
lyin' here in bed and it's just this pen and me
couldn't hit my goals even if there's ten of me
Insomniac 'cause I'm my own worst enemy
Jot down ideas then I can write this verse
I try to conjure plans but all my thoughts disperse
It hurts- I have issues, and everybody knows this
but I have my ways of coping, a strategy, a process
I focus on my strengths, I focus on my positives
beating my depression is my number one prerogative
Tryin'a find new ways so that I can see this through
'cause there's only so much that this Sertraline can do
Like Scissor Sisters said I'm feeling comfortably numb
Dig deep and find the fire 'cause there's so much to be done
avoiding chocolate, booze, and stay away from bacon
'Cause SSRIs and only making me put weight on
Don't hate on a guy, who's only trying to get by
My meagre wage won't pay these bills, I'm not gonna deny
It's time for a career change, let's do something drastic
'Cause money doesn't stretch that far, it's not made of elastic
I'm asking the system, I'm ready to put graft in,
I already do a job where each day my pain I'm masking
The glory I will bask in, if I can overcome
'Cause every rejection is a bullet in the gun
Figurative Kevlar is what I must put on,
but for now, this poetry is done.

No comments: