Sunday 14 July 2019

Free haircut

Tuesday was training day at Oliver's Club bar and Barbers in Wilmslow- I dropped in for a free haircut. The young apprentice who cut my hair did an excellent job and got superb tuition from the staff.

Friday night I joined 20s and 30s in Manchester, which if I recall is a meetup group although I can't find it. I've joined a private group on Facebook, an offshoot of this, where events are organised. I joined the group at Manchester's The Ivy  for cocktails.



As you can see, I spent the rest of the weekend following suit.




Fun weekend. I also read a lot: Lady Mechanika was a short steampunk comic about a woman with metal arms and no memory- not my thing, tbh- and I polished off Shallow Grave & Trainspotting, a screenplay omnibus by John Hodge. I know Trainspotting, a collection of tales about 4 Edinburgh down-and-outers, inside out, but it was interesting to see little bits that were cut from the completed movie. Shallow Grave I remembered very little of, but it was good to return to the tale of three flatmates, a newcomer, a bag of cash and subsequent murder.

No comments: