Tuesday 4 October 2011

Where Can I Get Feedback On Screenplays?

To make a great film you need three things - the script, the script and the script.
-Alfred Hitchcock


I’ve hammered out a few film scripts recently- mostly shorts, with one 45-page piece. I’m looking for an online feedback site. Screen Adapter Andrew Davies suggested I check out The Script Factory.

Although full of info regarding screenwriting in general, it doesn’t seem to be a site offering democratic feedback. I’ve got time to give up for sharing critiques with other writers, but I’m not- as the site invites me to- shelling out money for a professional critique. I’ll still need more critiques after a post-pro-critique draft of my writing, so is it worth paying right now? I think not. Writers Connect do a good job on feedback. Their help with The Mix and The Knife Job has been invaluable. I can’t read out 45 pages of script to them, though.

Anyone want to read a terrorism conspiracy tale? Got an hour free? Get in touch.

Does anyone know what site I’m looking for? Where do people share screenplays for feedback? Again, let me know. Let’s get on with it and get our stuff out to local filmmakers.

4 comments:

CageFightingBlogger said...

ScriptXRay.com also doesn't offer feedback

CageFightingBlogger said...

Simplyscripts.com- collection of pro screenplays for us to read. You can submit finished scripts. Not for feedback though.

CageFightingBlogger said...

Fables & Cognac have a concisive list of screenwriting apps http://fablesandcognac.com/products-software/top-5-cloud-based-screenwriting-apps#comment-25

CageFightingBlogger said...

Scripped claims to be "absolutely free", but asks you for bank details during registration. Dodgy. Formatting of your work is also not easy to follow.