Sunday 12 July 2015

Selfie-bombing SoulIISoul

Recently the organiser of meetup group Manchester Social Group made me an administrator so I could arrange my own events through the site. The first event I uploaded was this one to The Milton Club on Friday just gone.

Soul Purpose is a monthly event featuring quality big-name acts, live singing, renowned DJs and great soul, funk and RnB music. This month saw a PA from SoulIISoul's front woman Caron Wheeler.

I arranged to meet everyone in the bar area of Sakana, a smart nearby Japanese restaurant playing chilled house music. I'd never been in before but I'd like to go back.

As I'd arranged guest list we all got in free, which was an unexpected benefit at the time of arranging. The group loved the club and the drinks. The talented and powerfully-voiced Ms Wheeler didn't disappoint.




Didn't quite get a chance for a consensual picture with the singer, but did manage this somewhat ridiculous selfie-bomb:


The night saw a great crowd- both in the meetup and in the club. The positive comments on Meetup were really encouraging. The official pictures from the night aren't online yet, but they'll no doubt appear through the week on the club's Facebook page.

I might put further meetups to Soul Purpose nights on the site, so keep your eyes peeled!

No comments: